Thursday, April 03, 2008

April 1

I couldn't think of anything amusing to post on April Fools' Day, but Dear Author went for a Dr. Seuss discussion. As Teach Me Tonight is a blog dedicated to careful reading of romance novels, this quote from Seuss's I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! seems particularly appropriate:
Young cat! If you keep
Your eyes open enough,
Oh, the stuff you will learn!
The most wonderful stuff!
I'd also like to pay tribute to Marianne McA who, over at Dear Author, posted this variation on Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham:
Would you, could you, kiss with zeal?
Could you, would you, with a SEAL?
If he cries ‘Eternal mate!’,
Would you, could you, copulate?

I would not, could not kiss with zeal,
I could not, would not with a SEAL,
Could not believe I’d met my fate,
Would never, ever copulate,
I do not like all this Wham!Bam!
I do not like it, Sam-I-am.
Of course, Sam-I-am's reply to that, borrowed from Seuss's One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, might well be
If you never did,
you should.
These things are fun
and fun is good.
Cat from icanhascheezburger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment